PSS: Wellbeing Centres - Peer Support
PSS Wellbeing Centres provide recovery focused courses and creative approaches for those experiencing mental health challenges.
We work from bases in the City Centre, Speke, Garston and Belle Vale. You can choose which is most convenient for you to attend. Recovery can take time, so each centre provides a safe, nurturing space where you can recover at your own pace.
The courses fall into five categories:
Peer Support (this page)
This page shows physical health courses. They are:
This is a peer supported group for anyone interested in exploring all the wonderful cultural activities available in our great city. This involves monthly visits to art galleries, theatres, events and various other places of interest.
The social group is a peer support group whose members aim to connect with each other through understanding because they have been there and shared similar experiences. The group operates an open drop in basis.
MUST is a self-help group for men who have experienced a stress-related illness. We recognise that men can sometimes find it hard to open up and express their feelings. MUST is a group of men from all walks of life who offer each other support and friendship.
Various social factors can put women at greater risk of mental ill-health than men, such as gender norms and caring responsibilities. The women’s group meets weekly to support each other with the highs and lows of everyday life.
Regular training to support the learning and development of people with lived experience of mental health. Open to those who have previously benefited from the service and now wish to act in the role of Peer Supporter in either a paid or voluntary capacity.
Quiet Space is a user-led support group for people who hear voices, see visions or have similar unusual experiences. It’s an opportunity to meet and support each other. Affiliated with The Hearing Voices Network.
- Council Area
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- What age groups is this for?
- Anyone 18 or over
- What groups of people is this for?
- People with mental health issues
- Social media
Find us on Twitter
- How much will it cost me?
- When is this service open?
- Contact us during office hours Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm.
- Who can refer me to this service?
- GP, Psychiatrist, CPN, Support Worker or any other related professional.
- How can I access this service?
- Self-referral accepted at Speke, Garston and Belle Vale. City Centre - referral by professionals.
111 Mount Pleasant