YMAA Tai Chi class (Toxteth)
Tai Chi is an ancient Chinese Philosophy/Art that uses exercise and meditation to improve the health of the mind, body and spirit.
With its distinctive grace and flowing movements, Tai chi is becoming an increasingly popular form of relaxation in the West, as it provides an effective antidote to our stressful and competitive society.
It is also a gentle form of exercise which can be undertaken by people of all ages and levels of fitness. Each class begins with warm up exercises and all classes include Yang Style Taijiquan and QiGong (breathing exercises).
Classical Yang-Style Tai Chi includes:
- Warm-up exercises
- Qi Gong training
- Tai Chi Form practice
- Tai Chi Pushing Hands
- Tai Chi Sabre and Sword
- Martial Applications
- Council Area
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- What age groups is this for?
- Anyone 18 or over
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- How much will it cost me?
- £4 per class
- When is this activity on?
- Usually 4th Saturday of the month. All sessions are 10am - 1pm. 2018 provisional date: 25 August - subject to final confirmation.
- How can I access this service?
- You can just turn up.