Young Persons Advisory Service (YPAS)
Information, advice and support for children and young people aged between 10 to 25.
We provide Youth information, Advice and Counselling Service that provides a variety of 1-2-1 and group support, counselling and psychotherapy services, for children aged 5-15 and young people aged between 16 to 25.
All young people have to deal with issues which may affect their lives and how they feel about themselves.
These issues may include:
- Mental well-being including depression, anxiety, self harm and self-injury
- Relationship and family
- Problems at school or college
- Low confidence or self-esteem
- Sexuality and gender identity
- Housing issues
- Education & training
- Drug & alcohol issues
The Support Services team's aim is to provide support and advice to young people which is designed to meet individual needs.
Support we can offer:
- relaxed and friendly space
- the chance to meet other young people
- 1 to 1 support
- group sessions
- laundry & shower facilities
- putting you in touch with other agencies
- working for you with other agencies with your consent
- friendly and approachable staff
- warm, safe and comfortable environment
- encourage better understanding of mental health issues
- coping with stress
- drop-in evening for LGBT young people
Citizens Advice Service
Fortnightly, 1-3pm on Thursday. Universal Credit, Housing Benefit, ESA, PIP forms, Fuel Rights and Money Guidance
- Council Area
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- What groups of people is this for?
- Young people
- Disabled access
- Wheelchair access ground floor only. Accessible toilets. Parking outside for Blue badge holders. Level entrance
- How much will it cost me?
- When is this service open?
- Drop in for 16 to 25 - Monday to Friday 1pm-3pm. Office hours Monday - Thursday 9:30am – 8.00pm Friday 9:30am – 4.00pm
- How can I access this service?
- Drop-in, phone or email