Alcohol, Drugs and Families (ADFAM)
Support and Information for family members affected by drugs and alcohol.
Adfam is the only national umbrella organisation working specifically with and for families affected by drugs and alcohol. Our final goal is that no family member in need of support should go without it.
Addiction doesn't just affect individuals – families are affected too. When someone in a family uses drugs or alcohol those around them can experience anger, betrayal, guilt, fear, isolation and loss of control. Lives can be devastated.
With the right support, families are better able to cope with these difficult emotions and influence better outcomes for themselves and the rest of their family.
Adfam - Support and Information for Families
People with a drug user or drinker in the family often take months and even years to look for help. Adfam provides a place where families can take that first step and find information about where to get the expert support and advice they need.
Why not visit our website and share your story or read about other's experiences on our blog? Or if you're looking for advice or support, you could read the what should I do section of our site or search for a local support group using our interactive map.
- Council Area
- St Helens
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- Social media
- Follow us on Twitter
- How much will it cost me?
- Free information on the website.
- When is this service open?
- Office hours Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm. This is not a helpline
- How can I access this service?
- See the website, call or email
Enquiries (not a helpline)
- 020 7553 7640