Beacon Counselling Trust - Gambling Support and Counselling Service
Free support service for individuals and families affected by gambling problems.
The service includes:
- A national telephone helpline - GamCare
- Individual Counselling
- Couple Counselling
- Group Counselling
- Debt Management
- Social Support
These services will be delivered from a central hub in Liverpool and satellite locations across the North West.
Anyone who is affected by the impact of gambling can access this service not just problem gamblers themselves, for example family members.
- Council Area
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- What age groups is this for?
- Anyone 18 or over
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- Social media
- What should I expect?
- When you first contact us, we will ask you for some basic information (name, address, date of birth, what days / times you would be able to come for counselling). All enquiries are treated in strict confidence and contact information is stored in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998. One of our specially trained Gambling counsellors will contact you, usually within 2 days, to arrange the first appointment.
- How much will it cost me?
- Free Counselling to Liverpool residents (subject to availability)
- When is this service open?
- Contact Beacon for more information of days and time service is offered
- Who can refer me to this service?
- Self referral or by a professional working with the person. You can call us, fill in our online contact form, or send us an email. Access to counselling services is following an initial assessment. In addition to face to face counselling, we can also offer you telephone or Skype counselling, or a combination of both.
- How can I access this service?
- Via referral
Gambling Support and Counselling Service
- 0151 321 1099