Young Minds - Parents Helpline
Information, advice and support for any parent /carer worried about the mental health of a child or young person up to the age of 25.
What people ask
You may have questions about a child’s behaviour, emotional wellbeing, or mental health condition. You may have a child who’s already been admitted to CAMHS and have questions about their treatment or want to know what to say to your GP when you visit them.
Our trained advisers are here to give you help and advice, whatever the question.
What happens when you call us?
You’ll get through to a trained adviser who will talk through the problem and listen to your concerns and questions in complete confidence.
Your adviser will help you to understand your child’s behaviour and give you practical advice on where to go next.
If you need further help, they’ll refer you to one of our specialists whether it's a psychotherapist, psychiatrist, psychologist or mental health nurse. They’ll arrange a phone consultation within 7 days.
- Council Area
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- Social media
- Is translation or interpreting available?
- Hard of hearing or speech-impaired? Please use Typetalk or Textdirect to contact us. Language issues? If English is not your first language, we can arrange for an interpreter as a member of LanguageLine.
- How much will it cost me?
- When is this service open?
- Monday to Friday 9.30am – 4pm
- How can I access this service?
- Call or email via the contact form on the website
- 0808 802 5544