Big White Wall (BWW): Talk about it anonymously
A digital mental health support service which is available online.
It is anonymous so you can express yourself freely and openly. Professionally trained Wall Guides monitor the community to ensure the safety and anonymity of all members.
In addition to BWW’s online community, you will have access to a wealth of useful information and can work through tailored self-help programmes covering topics such as anxiety, sleep, weight management, depression and many more.
What can people do on Big White Walls?
Share Your Issues
Join a Talkabout alongside fellow members to share and discuss what's on your mind, gain support and advice. You can do this with the whole community or form your own groups or one to one chats.
Take Assessments to help you understand more about yourself.
Express yourself and your feelings creatively through drawing or by uploading your own images.
Find lots of information in Useful Stuff which helps you understand more about how you are feeling, set goals and track your progress.
Make Friends anonymously so you can give and receive support from others like you.
Take a Course
Join our Guided Support courses with others to learn how to manage everything from depression and anxiety to weight-management and stopping smoking.
- Council Area
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- What age groups is this for?
- Anyone 18 or over
- What groups of people is this for?
- People with mental health issues
- How much will it cost me?
- Big White Wall is freely available through several different means. All service personnel, veterans and their family members can access Big White Wall for free through our partnership with the Ministry of Defense and Help for Heroes. The service is commissioned widely across the UK by the NHS, councils and health insurance providers. You may also be able to freely access Big White Wall through your employer or university. Alternatively, you can choose to register for a six month subscription at £9.99 per month. The paid subscription does not allow access to our LiveTherapy service.
- When is this service open?
- 24 hours, 7 days a week
- How can I access this service?
- Visit the website and log on