Information and support for individuals, their families and carers affected by bipolar.
Bipolar – sometimes known as manic depression – is a severe mental health illness characterised by significant mood swings including manic highs and depressive lows. The majority of individuals with bipolar experience alternating episodes of mania and depression.
Peer Support Line
We're here to offer you practical information, advice and support by phone and email, as well as through information on our website.
Bipolar UK have adapted the Support Line to provide direct Peer Support, therefore, the service no longer takes live incoming calls but provides the opportunity to leave a message and we will call you back within 3 working days, usually less, alternatively you can send an email to us.
Our eCommunity is a supportive online forum for everyone affected by bipolar. Our eCommunity gives you a safe and secure space to discuss the challenges you face, and to share your experiences with others. Sign up here (click).
Bipolar UK can provide support and information to help you deal with workplace concerns as they occur. You can be an employee or employer.
If you are currently out of work and ready to return to work, you can contact us for extra support.
Our appointments service and follow-up support can help you deal with your concerns before they become distressing or affect your health.
You can call our Peer Support Line or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Liverpool Support Group
Our Support Groups are free to attend and are open to anyone affected by bipolar, including family, friends and carers. Usually meets the 4th Thursday in each month, 7pm - 9pm at Elm Hall Methodist Church, L18 1LF.
- Council Area
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What groups of people is this for?
- People with mental health issues
- Social media
- How much will it cost me?
- Calls to 03 numbers cost no more than a national rate call to an 01 or 02 number.
- When is this service open?
- 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday, but our phone lines can sometimes be very busy. If you leave a message we'll aim to get back to you within one working day, but usually it's much sooner.
- How can I access this service?
- Call or email the helpline. Open to people with bipolar disorder, the family, friends and carers
Elm Hall Methodist Church
Elm Hall Drive