Frazzled Cafe - Liverpool
A peer support group where people (aged 18+) who are feeling frazzled can meet on a regular basis to talk and share their personal stories.
Is it a cafe?
We appreciate that our name may be a bit confusing but no, we do not operate a cafe. We hold our meetings in the cafe area of select M&S stores (and sometimes in their community rooms if available) but usually when the cafe is already closed, or about to close, so that it can be a private space.
We hope that everyone attending a Frazzled Cafe meeting will find it a welcoming and friendly atmosphere and there are opportunities for people to socialise more generally before we start and in the break, but Frazzled Cafe meetings differ from traditional social groups/coffee meetings. They are intended to provide opportunity for people who are feeling frazzled to share how they are feeling in a safe and understanding environment, and therefore follow a structure that we have found helps give everyone a chance to participate.
Is Frazzled Cafe just for the 1 in 4 who suffer from diagnosed mental illness?
Absolutely not. Frazzled Cafe is for anyone feeling frazzled and overwhelmed by the stresses of modern life. Frazzled Cafe meetings provide a ‘talk-in’ place where people who are feeling frazzled can meet on a fortnightly basis to talk and share their personal stories in a safe, anonymous and non-judgmental environment - a place where it's ok to not be ok
If you are currently suffering from serious mental illness it may not be appropriate to attend. If you feel you are in crisis, you can find some options for help and support below:
- Ring or text a friend or family member.
- Ring SANEline, a specialist mental health helpline - 0300 304 7000 between 4.30pm and 10.30pm each evening.
- You can ring Samaritans any time - 116 123 – they offer a listening service.
- Ring NHS 111 by dialling 111.
- Go to your local accident and emergency department if you are feeling suicidal or if you have self-harmed and are concerned about it.
- Council Area
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- What age groups is this for?
- Anyone 18 or over
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- Social media
Follow us on Twitter
- What should I expect?
- Meetings typically last 90 minutes and have a regular facilitator to make sure everyone feels safe and has a chance to talk, if they want to.
- How much will it cost me?
- When is this service open?
- Every other Tuesday: 6:15pm - 7:45pm (see website for details)
- How can I access this service?
- Pre-registration essential. You can book online, or sign up to our mailing list via our website and receive an invitation to Frazzled Cafe meetings. Frazzled Cafe meetings are limited in number (max 18 people) to ensure that everyone who attends is able to speak if they wish to. It is for this reason that we require people to pre-register attendance.
M&S Liverpool Store
35 Church Street
Contact via online form on our website