Advice on Prescription Programme
Free advice and information service based in local Health Centres.
This service is based in health centres across Liverpool and gives all GPs and their practice teams access to a dedicated CAB adviser who will focus on their patients’ practical needs.
The service is a support option for General Practitioners (GPs) to help their vulnerable patients who are in the need of advice and support in relation to non-medical problems, i.e. issues that are impacting on their health but are difficult to address.
Any patient who is ill and / or vulnerable to mental distress can be referred for help with non-medical matters such as:
- Welfare benefits
- Debt management
- Housing matters
- Employments issues
- Utility issues
- Debt problems
- Completion of application forms
You can receive advice in a Health Centre in your Locality Neighbourhood, or in an alternative Health Centre, if it is more convenient for you.
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- DBS checks
- All Advisors are DBS checked
- Social media
Follow us on Twitter
Read Liverpool CCG's announcement on their website
- Can I bring someone with me?
- You are welcome to bring someone with you. If you have issues that you would like to discuss in private they can wait for you in the surgery waiting room
- What should I bring with me?
- You will be advised of any documentation that you should bring with you to your appointment
- What should I expect?
- A support worker from the Advice on Prescription Programme will contact you, take your details and a brief outline of your enquiry. An appointment will then be arranged with you at an agreed time at a Health Centre where you can see an Adviser. During the appointment the adviser will listen to you and offer you information to enable you to consider your options and to make informed choices. If you require assistance with the completion of forms this will be provided at a follow-up appointment. Referrals can also be provided to specialists and supporting services in the bureau and externally, when appropriate
- Will I have to wait to access this?
- People will usually be provided with an appointment and seen within a week
- Is translation or interpreting available?
- If information is required in other formats this should be requested and we will try to accommodate
- How much will it cost me?
- When is this service open?
- Appointment sessions held at least once a week in one of the Health Centre HUB sites
- Who can refer me to this service?
- All Liverpool CCG GP Surgeries can refer in to the service. Talk to your doctor, nurse or a health professional from the primary care team at your GP surgery about referring you
- How can I access this service?
- Via Referral. This is not a drop in service and is by appointment only. The HUB sites are based in Health Centres across the city, in all Neighbourhoods.
For South Liverpool enquiries
- 0151 494 1605