Bradbury Fields - Social group, activities and events
Social group, activities and events for people who are visually impaired.
Clubs and activities
Active Vision Clubs
Monday - Thursday, 10am - 2pm. Activities designed specifically for people with a visual impairment. Contact: Louise Cannon on 0151 221 0888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The African Caribbean and Friends Group
4th Friday of each month except Dec. 12pm - 3.00pm. Where: Hector Peterson Court, 22 Danube Street L8 0QR. Contact Jamal Abdullah on 0151 221 0888 or email email@example.com
Tuesday, 10am – 12:30pm. This group meets at Christopher Grange Rehabilitation Centre, Youens Way, L14 2EW. Contact Ryan on 07795960389
Friday, 10:00am - 12pm. The Choir meets in the Garden Suite in the Bradbury Centre. Led by choir master Tim Taylor. Please contact Tim on either on 07540393117 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, 6pm - 8pm (term time). The club is run in partnership with OnThisROC and meet at the Awesome Walls Climbing Centre, Liverpool. Call Andy on 07850 344 144 for more information.
- Tuesday 4.15pm at The Bradbury Centre or 5pm at Greenbank Sports Academy. Contact: Louise Cannon on 0151 221 0888 or email email@example.com
- Friday 1pm at Bradbury Fields. Contact Jamal: 0151 221 0888/07526 233 156 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Merseyside Visually Impaired Angling Club Angling Club
Varied dates. Open to beginners and skilled anglers. Contact Jamal: 0151 221 0888/07526 233 156 Email: email@example.com
Varied dates. Do you play an instrument or would you like to learn? We meet on Monday evenings so come and join the fun. Contact: Jim Moran on 07860 857 797.
Wednesday 11am - 12pm. £3 per session. Combining dance, martial arts and mindfulness. Call Louise on 221 0888 or emaill firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday 10:30am - 1:30pm (inculudes travel time). This club meets at Bradbury Fields each Thursday at 10:30am. Contact Jamal Abdullah on 0151 221 0888 or email email@example.com
Varied dates. Enjoy cycling with specially trained volunteers and the provision of tandem bicycles. Most Sunday rides can vary in distance from thirty to thirty five miles. Contact: Jamal Abdullah on 0151 221 0888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2nd and 4th Sunday of the month. Walks may vary in duration but tend to be around the 5 mile mark. This service is provided on a one to one basis by a sighted volunteer accompanying a visually impaired person. Mini buses for the days out is provided. Contact Davina Moor by email: email@example.com, John Henderson via their Facebook page (click) or Bradbury Fields Admin: 0151 221 0888.
Monday 4pm - 5pm. Beginners and advanced. Yoga mat's are not provided. At The Garden Suite at The Bradbury Centre. £3. You are advised to give reception a call on 221 0888 to check the class is running prior to arriving.
Wednesday 4pm - 5pm and Thursday 11am - 12pm. A Latin-inspired dance workout for all ages, dance abilities and fitness levels. Wednesday evenings 6pm - 7pm at The Garden Suite, The Bradbury Centre. £3. You are advised to call reception on 221 0888 to check the class is on before arriving.
- Council Area
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- What age groups is this for?
- Anyone 18 or over
- What groups of people is this for?
- People with a sensory disability
- Social media
- How to get there
- Bus - Honey's Green Lane - 61 and 102 East Prescto Road - 7, 8, 10, 10A and 10B
- How much will it cost me?
- Some activities and groups free, some will have a charge. Contact the Centre for more information
- When is this activity on?
- See the main description above for details of days and times
- How can I access this service?
- Call the main Bradbury number shown or specific person named with each activity
- 0151 221 0888