Offers a national telephone and text helpline, and email counselling for survivors of rape and sexual abuse and their supporters, whether this has been a recent incident or historical.
Who can call the helpline?
We are open to all male or female survivors, adults and children, regardless of race, colour, nationality or ethnic origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, educational status or religion.
We offer helpline support with separate telephone helpline services for Under 18s and adults, and a text helpline service for all age groups, run by appropriately trained volunteers.
Email counselling at Lifecentre follows the same basic principles as face-to-face counselling but uses a different medium and is available throughout and beyond the UK. Available to people aged 18 and over.
Our email service is free to use but we would ask you to consider making a voluntary donation towards the costs of your counselling if you are able to. It costs Lifecentre £40 to provide one counselling email per week for a month.
To register your interest, fill in and submit the Request for Email Counselling form on our website. You will be asked for some information about yourself and why you would like email counselling.
Will you report what I say to the police?
If you are over 18yrs and there are no other children at risk, then the decision to report to the police or not is entirely up to you.
If you are under 18yrs we have a duty of care to do all we can to see you protected, but we can only report if we know who you are or have other facts that identify the abuse you have suffered. So it is your choice whether you give us identifying information about yourself/ your abuser/s or not. The most important thing is that you get the help that you need so you are not carrying the burden of this alone.
- Council Area
- St Helens
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- Social media
- How much will it cost me?
- Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones within the UK. Texts will be charged at your standard network rate.
- When is this service open?
- Phone lines are open Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 7:30p.m – 10:00p.m. You can text us at any time. Texts will be responded to on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays (excluding Bank Holidays).
- How can I access this service?
- You can call or text us, or contact us using out online form. We aim to respond to any enquiry as soon as possible, and always within 7 days
- 0808 802 0808