Everton in the Community - Active Blues
Sports programme for men aged over 35-50 who live in Everton, Anfield, County and Kirkdale. The eligible area may be stretched a little to other wards in North Liverpool as long as there is a demand.
We are currently offering walking, football, cycling, cardio & circuit training and walking/hiking. However in the near future we are looking at adding golf, fishing, mainstream football and yoga.
All sessions are free and there is no limit to the number of sessions people can take part in, although individuals must be inactive prior to attending in order to be eligible for the project. The sessions are delivered by qualified coaches and instructors from Everton Football Club.
The project aims to combat men’s health issues that lead to type 2 diabetes, musculoskeletal conditions, obesity, isolation and loneliness, poor mental health and cardiovascular disease.
- Council Area
- Social media
Follow us on Twitter
- How much will it cost me?
- When is this activity on?
- We do have a timetable however we encourage people to get in touch with us first in case this changes and becomes outdated at any point
- How can I access this service?
- You can just email or telephone and you will be enrolled on the project and informed of the sessions available.