Online directory and web resource to find a counsellor.
Counselling falls under the umbrella term ‘talking therapies’ and allows people to discuss their problems and any difficult feelings they encounter in a safe, confidential environment.
The term can mean different things to different people, but in general it is a process people seek when they want to change something in their lives or simply explore their thoughts and feelings in more depth.
A counsellor is not there to sit you down and tell you what to do - instead they will encourage you to talk about what's bothering you in order to uncover any root causes and identify your specific ways of thinking.
The counsellor may then look to create a plan of action to either help you reconcile your issues or help you to find ways of coping.
The directory can help you find a therapist as well as offering information about:
- What is counselling?
- What can counselling help with?
- How can counselling help?
- Types of therapy
- What to expect from counselling
- The counselling process
- Useful articles
- Council Area
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- How much will it cost me?
- No cost for using website. Cost for sessions with therapists will apply and may vary. Talk to individual therapists for more information
- When is this service open?
- The website is available 24 hours, 7 days a week
- How can I access this service?
- Visit the website