Age Concern Liverpool & Sefton: Liverpool Reconnect
An opportunity for older people to increase independence, improve your confidence and overcome loneliness through one to one befriending sessions or access to themed groups.
The service is open to Liverpool residents (have a purple bin).
You will be offered six 1 to 1 sessions with a Befriending and Re-ablement Officer (BRO).
Then, you can join a themed group or we can place a volunteer befriender with you. Groups may be themed around Culture, Reading, Fun and Minority.
BRO provides companionship, encourages the person to organise and plan their day, help to prepare food and drink, accompany the client shopping or appointments, etc.
Our Information and Advice officer can offer support particularly to those on low incomes, we aim to improve and maximise your economic well-being through access to financial advice services
Volunteer befrienders are carefully selected, references and criminal records checks are completed and we aim to match people with common interests and likes.
- Council Area
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- What age groups is this for?
- What groups of people is this for?
- Older people
- Social media
- How much will it cost me?
- When is this service open?
- General enquiries are answered Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
- How can I access this service?
- You can just call or email us. You can refer yourself or someone else can give us a call on your behalf. Once we have received a referral, you will be advised when we have a Befriending and Re-ablement Officer available to visit you at home.