Liverpool HF Ramblers
Saturday and Sunday walking Club in places near Liverpool, Cheshire and Beyond.
Rambling forms the main activity of the group. All walks have an experienced leader and we go to areas of great beauty. We are out all day and participants would need proper walking boots or shoes and comfortable socks, as well as rain wear in case of wet weather. They should also carry a packed lunch and enough drink for the day in a backpack. Dry shoes and, if necessary, a change of clothes can be left on the coach during the day.
Saturday walks make use of public transport to reach places near Liverpool and in Cheshire and Wirral. The walks are of a moderate nature on easy terrain, fairly leisurely, with little ascent and usually involving distances ranging from 5 to 8 miles.
Sunday Walks need to be booked and travel by coach to more distant areas, usually in hilly terrain.
From people who want to go to the tops of the hills to people who are happy to stay at a lower level, we try to cater for all fitness levels.
For the full list of walks outside Liverpool and the cotact for each walk, visit the website.
- Council Area
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- Can I bring someone with me?
- You are welcome to bring someone with you, but children must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- What should I bring with me?
- Comfortable walking boots/shoes and socks, rainwear in case of wet weather, warm clothing if the weather is cold, and a rucksack with a packed lunch and enough drink for the day (The start is early morning and the return to Merseyside may be 9 p.m. or later.)
- What should I expect?
- Saturday walks are moderate (usually 6-7 miles). Sunday walks provide a choice of 3 different walks: A walks are very strenuous and should only be undertaken by experienced walkers; B walks are less strenuous but still participants still need some experience; C walks are moderate. In the summer, monthly, we also provide D walks which are easier.
- How to get there
- Saturday walkers meet at various venues according to the area being cisited. Sunday walkers meet the coach in Central Liverpool (near the entrance to the Mersey tunnel), and by Bebington Centre on the Wirral.
- How much will it cost me?
- Membership costs £6 per year - January to December. Coach trips on a Saturday cost £10 per trip. Coach trips on a Sunday cost £13 for members and £14 for non-members who might like to try one or two rambles before deciding if they want to join.
- When is this activity on?
- Saturdays and Sundays
- How can I access this service?
- Book by telephone or emailing. Some walks are popular and get fully booked weeks in advance.