Independent counselling service.
People come for counselling with a variety of problems, which may be related to home, work, relationships, or life in general.
Counselling gives you the opportunity to talk about your concerns in a confidential setting with a counsellor who will listen to you carefully and help you explore your situation. It is up to you to choose what to talk about.
Counselling can help you get a clearer understanding about yourself, your problems and your feelings. It can help you discover different ways of thinking, feeling and behaving.
We will help you to make your own choices and decisions, but will not give advice or tell you what to do.
- Council Area
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- What age groups is this for?
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- DBS checks
- All staff have Disclosure and Barring (DBS) checks to ensure your safety.
- What should I expect?
- The initial assessment gives you the opportunity to discuss your concerns with one of our Counselling Service Managers both of whom are counsellors, with a view to putting your name on our waiting list
- Will I have to wait to access this?
- There may be a waiting list. 4 weeks as of June 2018.
- How to get there
- Nearest: bus station Queens Square, Train Station: Lime Street, Moorfields or James Street. There is no free car parking however ample pay & display.
- Disabled access
- Street level access with lifts
- How much will it cost me?
- An affordable donation charged for each session, based on personal circumstances
- When is this service open?
- Office Hours Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm with counselling sessions available outside these hours
- How can I access this service?
- We will accept referrals directly from clients or through a third party with the clients' agreement. Please telephone us during office hours. Before you are offered counselling, our Counselling Service Manager will arrange for you to come in for an initial talk so that we can explain counselling more fully, and make sure that it is the right option for you. You will also be able to ask questins before you decide to go ahead.
151 Dale Street