A confidential helpline for people who are concerned about their drinking, or someone else's.
You can call the helpline if you need help now about an alcohol related issue or you just want to chat to someone about your drinking.
Drinkline's trained and experienced staff deal with callers in the strictest confidence and are happy to give information and advice, send out self-help materials and give support to the family and friends of problem drinkers.
You can also use our AUDIT tool (click) to see how healthy your drinking is. If your AUDIT score is 15 or more, you may wish to discuss it with your GP or your local alcohol service, as you could benefit from cutting back. Use our online directory (click) to see what's available near you. If your AUDIT score is 20 or more, you are at risk of alcohol dependence and we would strongly advise you to speak to your GP or local alcohol service as soon as possible, to find out about your options for reducing your drinking.
- Council Area
- St Helens
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- Social media
- How much will it cost me?
- Free. Call charges apply.
- When is this service open?
- Weekdays 9am – 8pm, weekends 11am – 4pm
- How can I access this service?
- Call or email