Community mental health and wellbeing advocacy service.
Advocacy Works take action to help people say what they want, secure their rights, represent their interests, obtain required services and give individuals a stronger voice.
Advocates listen and support clients in making informed decisions, taking their side and ensuring that their views and wishes are taken forward.
Advocacy Works can:
Support individuals at reviews and meetings
Help individuals find specialised legal advice
Ensure individual's views are heard at meetings with professionals such as Social Services etc
Help individuals access services that they may require
Help individuals with writing letters
Help individuals find information
Help individuals with complaints
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- What age groups is this for?
- Anyone 18 or over
- What groups of people is this for?
- Older people
- People who are physically disabled
- People with a brain injury
- People with a dual diagnosis (mental health and alcohol/drug use)
- Social media
- Follow us on Twitter
- How much will it cost me?
- When is this service open?
- Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
- Who can refer me to this service?
- Self-referral, carers or other professionals. If referring on behalf of another person, please ensure that you have their permission to do so.
- How can I access this service?
- Via referral