Healthiness - exercises and fitness classes
Community based health and fitness classes, working mostly with older people and adults with mental health problems.
We work with to reduce sedentary behaviour, improve health, promote inclusion and integrate vulnerable adults within local health activities and their community.
We have a holistic approach to health that is structured to suit the people we work with. We provide services in Older Persons / Nursing Homes, Residential and local community settings.
We provide nutritional guidance and programming, fitness classes and physical activity guidance and numerous health topics to facilitate a state of healthiness and help improve quality of life.
Exercises are suitable for beginners, new and returning exercisers unless otherwise stated.
Subject to change. Classes are regularly posted on Twitter. A downloadable timetable can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Fun Fitness 9.30am - 10.30am: £2. Lilyfiled, St Mary’s Church Hall, 1 South Drive, L15 8JJ
- Healthiness Social 12.30am - 2.30pm: £2.50 - 3.50. Lark Lane Community Centre L17 8XB
- PSI Memory Fit (dementia friendly) 2.00pm - 3.30pm £2.50. Lark Lane Community Centre L17 8XB
- Walk for Health 10.00am - 11.00am: Free. Meeting point: Lark Lane Entrance Gates of Sefton Park, L17
- Fun Fitness 10.00am - 11.00am: £2. Sanctuary, Upper Parliament Street, L8 7QL
- Fun Fitness 10.00am - 12.00pm: Free. Action on Addiction, Rodney Street, L1 9EF.
- Cycle for Health 1.00pm - 3.00pm on 19th February 2019. £2. Broadgreen Hospital Main Reception, Thomas Drive, Broadgreen, L14 3LB
- Multi Activities including Active Bingo 12.00pm - 1.00pm starting 26th February 2019. £2. Anfield Sports and Community Centre (click), Breckside Park, Lower Breck Road, L6 0AG. See the flyer at the bottom of this page.
- 50+ Let's Get Healthy 9.30am - 10.30am & 11.30am - 12.30pm: Boxercise & Circuits, 10.30am - 11.30am: Health Education. £2.50 - 3.50 per session. Lark Lane Community Centre L17 8XB.
- Boccia 11.45am-12.45pm £3. Edge Hill Youth & Community Centre L7 5ND
- Postual Stability (dementia friendly) 1.30pm - 3.30pm £2. Mossley Hill Hospital, Park Avenue, L18 8BU
- Couch to 5K 5.30pm - 6.30pm starting March 2019. £10 for 10 weeks. Otterspool outside Adv. Centre L17 5AL
- Better Balance - Chair-based Fitness 10.00am - 11.00am: £2. Alman Court, Bryanston Road, L17 7AL
- Walk for Health 11.00am - 12.00pm: Free. Mossley Hill Hospital reception, L18 8BU
- Fun Fitness (Disability Group) 11.30am-12.30pm: £2. The Lime Hub L6 1NB
- Cycle for Health 1.00pm - 3.00pm on 14th and 28th February 2019. £2. Via Flint Drive entrance, Croxteth Hall, L11 1EH
- Chair Based Exercise/Active Bingo 12.00pm - 1.00pm starting 7th February 2019. £2. Aintree Baptist Church, 96 Longmoor Lane, L9 0EH. See the flyer at the bottom of this page.
- 50+ Let's Get Healthy 9.30am - 10.30am - Dance & Tone,10.30am - 11.30am - Pure Tone, 11.30am - 12.30pm - Core & Stretch, £2.50 - 3.50 per session. Lark Lane Community Centre L17 8XB
ESCAPE-pain classes improve the lives of people living with osteoarthritis and chronic joint pain through integrating educational self-management and coping strategies with an individualised exercise regimen for each participant.
- Start date: Monday 25th February 2019, then twice weekly on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Cost: £12 for the 12 sessions.
- For more information or if you would like to register, please email or call us.
Health & Wellbeing Event 2019
Sefton Park's Palm House on Wednesday 27th March 2019, 12.00pm - 3.00pm.
- Free exercise taster sessions
- Health and wellbeing information
- A buffet and refreshments
- Local organisations' information stalls
Please let us know as soon as possible if you would like to attend so that we can confirm numbers for the buffet and allocate you a buffet ticket.
- Council Area
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- What age groups is this for?
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- Social media
Follow us on Twitter
- How much will it cost me?
- See the main description
- When is this activity on?
- See the timetable above for the different classes, days and times
- How can I access this service?
- Come along to one of the sessions or call for more information