Merseyside Youth Association (MYA) - Counselling
Counselling service for young people aged 10 to 19 from the Liverpool area.
OKUK is the only service that specialises in the delivery of counselling to children and young people affected by substance abuse in Liverpool. We offer appointments within community settings to provide choice and accessibility to the service user.
- Council Area
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- What groups of people is this for?
- Young people
- What should I expect?
- The team offer a pre-assessment with children and young people to explain how counselling works and the various models of counselling available. The team will then offer an Initial Assessment, one-to-one work (including brief and long term therapy) and group work. The team also signpost to other agencies if the child or young person requires additional support or if they have been referred inappropriately
- Will I have to wait to access this?
- The team aim to offer an initial appointment within five working days from receipt of the referral. They will make contact with the person named in the referral as the main point of contact or in the case of a self-referral the young person themselves. Depending on the outcome of the assessment the client will either be allocated to a counsellor or placed on the waiting list
- How much will it cost me?
- When is this service open?
- We accommodate appointments on a needs basis - daytime, evenings and weekends. All sessions take place at our city centre headquarters.
- Who can refer me to this service?
- Referrals can come from young people, parents, GPs, schools, youth projects and a variety of other sources. Reasons for referral may include issues such as anxiety, drugs, eating disorders, emotional abuse, harassment, depression, bereavement and self harm
- How can I access this service?
- You can refer yourself or can be referred by someone else.
65-67 Hanover Street