I need urgent help
Change contrast: High       Change text size: A A A

If you are not currently receiving support from mental health services

Contact your GP or GP Out of Hours service.

A GP is available when your local surgery is closed during evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays. If you need urgent healthcare which cannot wait until the next working day, you can access a GP via the GP Out of Hours service. Call your Doctor's surgery on the usual number and you will either be transferred to the Out of Hours service, or there will be an answer phone message with details of how to access it.  The out of hours service operator will take details of your call and pass these to a doctor or nurse, who will contact you and, depending on your circumstances, will offer you one of the following options:

  • Telephone advice
  • An appointment at a healthcare service in your area that evening
  • A home visit

Go to an Accident and Emergency (A&E) Department.

A mental health practitioner will be able to assess you and give you appropriate help.

For adults and young people aged 16+

Royal Liverpool University Hospital – Emergency Department, Ground Floor, Prescot Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L7 8XP.
University Hospital Aintree – Accident and Emergency Department, Liverpool, L9 7AL.

Children and Young People aged 0-16 years

Alder Hey Children’s Foundation Trust - Eaton Road, West Derby, Liverpool, Merseyside L12 2AP,
The specialist mental health service provided by this trust operates a duty on call system and a clinician will be called to attend A&E to support and provide an assessment of the child or young person. A psychiatrist on call system operates through the evening.

Call 999

If you are concerned about an immediate risk of self harm or your physical health is at a significant risk because of overdose or injury, it may be necessary to call 999 for an ambulance.