I need urgent help
Change contrast: High       Change text size: A A A

If you are receiving support from mental health services

  • If you have a care plan, it will have a list of names and numbers to contact in an emergency.
  • Your community mental health team can help during the day 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday.  Ask for your care co-ordinator or person on duty.
  • Contact your local acute care team/home treatment team.
  • You may still attend your nearest A&E if you are unable to speak with someone immediately.
  • Go to an Accident and Emergency (A&E) Department.  A mental health practitioner will be able to assess you and give you appropriate help.

For adults and young people aged 16+

Royal Liverpool University Hospital – Emergency Department, Ground Floor, Prescot Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L7 8XP.
University Hospital Aintree – Accident and Emergency Department, Liverpool, L9 7AL.

Children and Young People aged 0-16 years

Alder Hey Children’s Foundation Trust - Eaton Road, West Derby, Liverpool, Merseyside L12 2AP,
The Specialist mental health service provided by this trust operates a duty on call system and a clinician will be called to attend A&E to support and provide an assessment of the child or young person. A Psychiatrist on call system operates through the evening.

Call 999

If you are concerned about an immediate risk of self harm or your physical health is at a significant risk because of overdose or injury, it may be necessary to call 999 for an ambulance.