I need urgent help
Change contrast: High       Change text size: A A A

Looking for help for yourself?

First steps to get help

1) Search this site

This site includes a directory of services, activities and groups. You can use this directory to search for the right choices for you. How this site works >

2) Speak to us

If you would rather speak to a human than search a directory or if you are struggling to find what you are looking for, Wellbeing Liverpool is here to help. Wellbeing Liverpool is part of Healthwatch Liverpool Information and can help people find their way through the maze of mental health and wellbeing options. The service is open to all Liverpool residents and is confidential. Contact us >

3) Talk to someone you know and trust 

You may find it helpful to talk to someone about how you feel: a friend, a family member or anyone else that you can trust. They may be concerned about you and welcome the opportunity to hear what you have to say. Problems often seem worse if you keep them to yourself – talking to someone can be the first step to feeling better.  Perhaps they can help you think through what might help you. If you want them to help you look for activities or services we are happy to talk to them on your behalf if you want this.

Who can help?

Your GP

Your GP may be the first person you talk to about your mental health problems. If you have a good relationship with your doctor, you may find it helpful just to know there is someone you can talk to about the feelings you are having. Your GP may refer you to specialist services if he/she feels they will help you.
If you are unhappy with your own doctor, you can ask to see another doctor at the same practice or make an appointment with a different practice in your area. If you are unsure where to find other doctor’s surgeries, contact us

Specialist mental health services

Most people recover from mental health problems without needing to go into hospital. There are a number of specialist services that provide various treatments, including counselling and other talking treatments.  Some of the specialist mental health problems listed in the directory need a referral from your GP or another health professional. Other services can be contacted directly.

Remember that you can call us if you want to talk through your options: contact us

You may also need help with other aspects of your life - for example, claiming benefits or dealing with housing problems. Find this help with our Directory or by giving us a call

Need someone to help you speak up for yourself?

Sometimes people feel overwhelmed and find it and find it difficult to speak up for themselves and be listened to. If you want help with this an advocate may be able to help. Read more >