Befriending service for residents of Liverpool local authority (have a purple bin) who are aged 65+.
We cannot do face-to-face home visits but we are doing telephone calls.
We are accepting new referrals. The Reconnect referral form and leaflet can be found at the bottom of this page.
We can help people to:
- Feel less isolated
- Reconnect with community activities
- Get involved in meaningful activities
- Improve your social life and come along to one of our new social groups
- Focus on your health and well-being
- Manage your money
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer Befriender please give us a call on 0151 330 5678. All volunteer Befrienders are carefully selected, references and criminal records checks are completed and we aim to match people with common interests.
Age Concern Liverpool & Sefton has other services. See the main page.
- How can I access this service?
- People can self-refer or a family member, friend or other agency can also make a referral. Once we have received a referral, you will be advised when we have a Befriending and Re-ablement Officer available to visit you at home.
- When is this service open?
- General enquiries are answered Monday – Friday 10am – 4pm
- How much will it cost me?
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- Older people
- What age groups is this for?
- 65-79 80+
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- All Enquiries
- 0151 330 5678