Meetings are suspended until further notice.
See March 2021 Newsletter at the bottom of this page.
To help everyone stay fit until we are able to meet again, Charles Tsang who is a top expert tai-chi instructor and a wonderful friend of our Group, has made a
video of some of the exercises that he teaches us at our meetings.
Even a few gentle exercises every day will help to keep us fit and as our less able members know, they can be performed as chair-based exercises.
Some of the many "Friends of our Group", who are on our email list, may find Charles’s tai-chi video on
YouTube, beneficial for elderly relatives and friends who are unable to leave their homes for exercise.
- Chi Kung 18 Movements Breathing Exercises on YouTube
- Breathe Exercise Sheet (illustratred) by Healthiness at the bottom of this page
Support group for people affected by lung conditions, including their friends, family and carers.
We are always very pleased when friends drop in to meet our members for a chat and if they wish, join in with our activities. It is also an opportunity for health professionals to assess whether membership of our Group would improve the health and wellbeing
of any of their patients.
Group meeting location (currently suspended)
Group meetings are held every Friday (beginning of February to the end of November at: The Aintree Baptist Church Hall L9 0EF, next door to the Premier Dance Studio – near the corner of Long Lane and opposite the Longmoor Junior School. See the map on this
We understand that some visitors and taxi drivers confuse the church hall that we use, with those of two other churches located several hundred yards nearer to the Liverpool City Centre.
- How can I access this service?
- Currently groups are suspended. Anyone wishing to join our Group can just turn up at any of our meetings and make themselves known to any of our members, who will make them feel very welcome.
- When is this service open?
- Breathe Easy Liverpool North meetings are held every Friday (February to November inclusive) 1-00pm to 3-00pm. The British Lung Foundation Helpline is available Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm. If you contact this service outside of these hours, a member of the BLF Helpline Staff will get back to you as soon as they can.
- How much will it cost me?
- Membership is free of charge to everyone. However, we invite members to make a donation of £1 towards the cost of refreshments and room hire.
- Can I bring someone with me?
- Yes, we are pleased to welcome carers, ex-carers, relatives and friends who wish to become members
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- What age groups is this for?
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- British Lung Foundation (BLF) National Number
- 03000 030 555