Complementary therapies to support patients and carers affected by cancer.
The Wellbeing Centre is currently closed in accordance of hospital advice given due to the coronavirus. However, you can still get information, help and support by calling the Macmillan Information Centre on 0151 706 3720, email
firstname.lastname@example.org or via Macmillan Cancer Support Line on 0808 808 00 00.
We have made this move to protect people, particularly vulnerable patients, the elderly and those with disabilities.
Complementary therapies can help to reduce the stress and anxiety both patients and carers can experience with a cancer diagnosis.
The therapists can also help with tips to improve your general health and wellbeing.
Therapies we offer:
- Indian head massage
Our Cancer Volunteer Coordinator will discuss your requirements with you and provide information on the complementary therapies available. The therapist will carry out a consultation on the first session and a course of treatments will be booked. All treatments
are delivered in a welcoming, safe and relaxing environment and may last up to an hour
The complementary therapies can help to minimise the stress, anxiety and side effects from treatment. The therapists can also help you with tips to improve your general health and wellbeing.
- How can I access this service?
- Via referral. The service is available to patients who have been diagnosed or treated for their cancer at the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen NHS Trust within the last five years. Also available to their carers
- Who can refer me to this service?
- A member of the medical team can refer to the service or patients/carers can self-refer
- When is this service open?
- Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm
- How much will it cost me?
- Our service is free to our patients and carers and we rely on fundraising and donations to help us to continue to provide and improve our service.
- Will I have to wait to access this?
- Patients/carers may be placed on a waiting list and will be contacted when a suitable therapy is available. It is advisable to let your medical team know if you are considering accessing the service for their advice
- What age groups is this for?
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- Macmillan Information Centre
- 0151 706 3720