Coronavirus – important notice
We are currently offering nursery and holiday club to all children and families who already use our service. We’re continuing to follow Government guidance and measures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our children, families, volunteers and staff.
For the time being, any other centre based support services are temporarily closed but as always, we’re maintaining regular contact with families using our service.
We’re also sadly unable to accept physical donations but if you would like to support us, please donate online at www.justgiving.com/centre56
If you have any queries or are unsure about anything, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 0151 727 1355.
Alternatively, if you can’t get through, please try our team on:
Claire – 07484 923537, Paula – 07866 157158, Karen – 07442 494046 or Angela – 07970 812656
Or email us at email@example.com
Provide domestic abuse support for families and children including childcare, information and support for families who have suffered, or are at risk of suffering from, domestic abuse or a crisis situation.
Ways We Can Help
We help families who need further support by finding and signposting them to correct services, so they can recover and reengage in society.
- Each week we offer a drop-in coffee morning for anyone who has suffered from domestic abuse or a crisis situation.
- Every Wednesday at 10am during school term times, the group meet and talk about whatever it is they need support with.
- The sessions are in an open, safe and informal environment where everyone feels they are able to share their problems and feelings with each other, and offer support if they can.
- If you would like to attend our coffee mornings you don’t need to book, just turn up.
- We often run courses at Centre 56 for parents who want to learn new skills and improve their confidence and self-esteem.
- For more information about our courses, visit
our Facebook page or get in touch.
Yoga and mindfulness
- Feel Good Fridays is where you can enjoy some relaxing time, learn new techniques to unwind and destress, have fun and make new friends.
- Feel Good Fridays is at 10am on Fridays during school term times.
If you are experiencing domestic abuse then please contact National Women’s Aid helpline free on
0808 2000 247 (open 24/7) – in an emergency, call 999
- How can I access this service?
- Call the helpline
- When is this service open?
- We are open during term times from 8.45am to 5.30pm
- How much will it cost me?
- Free. Normal call charges.
- Social media
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- 0151 727 1355