Charity that lends tandems and tag-alongs to (and only to) people with disabilities or additional needs, who are unable to ride a bike safely on their own, so that they can enjoy the wonders of cycling.
What you need to do:
- Fill in the Contact Form on the website and someone will put you in touch with our nearest Volunteer, shown here.
- Arrange with the Helper to collect the tandem or tag-along from them.
- Fill in a Borrower’s Form and hand it to the Volunteer when you collect the bike. A large print version is available
- Have fun riding the bike. Hire is normally at least two months.
- Send us photos and comments for us to publish on the website and elsewhere.
- Return the bike in a fit state to the Helper at the end of your hire for the next people to ride straight away.
What we don’t (and won’t) do:
- Lend (or hire) cycles to non-disabled people, even for charity rides. Please try
- Lend solo trikes.
- Provide someone to ride with.
- Give rides.
- How can I access this service?
- If you would like to borrow one then please use the Contact Us tab on our website and Alex will put you in touch with the appropriate Helper.
- When is this service open?
- Tandems are available for hire for a couple of a months at a time, though some people have them for much longer.
- How much will it cost me?
- What should I expect?
- We don’t/won’t lend/hire tandems out to non-disabled people for charity rides, weddings, photo shoots, proms etc, so please don’t ask. We reserve the right not to reply, if the enquiry does not meet our criteria. If you don’t have a disability, try the Tandem Club website for a list of places to hire tandems.
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- People who are physically disabled People with a learning disability People with a sensory disability
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- Contact through the web form