Charity that lends tandems and tag-alongs to (and only to) people with disabilities or additional needs, who are unable to ride a bike safely on their own, so that they can enjoy the wonders of cycling.
What you need to do:
- Fill in the Contact Form and someone will put you in touch with our nearest Volunteer, shown here.
- Arrange with the Volunteer to collect the tandem or tag-along from them.
- Fill in a Borrower's Form and hand it to the Volunteer when you collect the bike. A large print version is available here. Also show the Volunteer some evidence of the disability.
- Have fun riding the bike. Hire is normally two months, but some people end up having them for much longer.
- Send us photos and comments for us to publish on here and elsewhere.
- Return the bike in a fit state to the Volunteer at the end of your hire for the next people to ride straight away.
What we don't (and won't) do:
- Lend (or hire) cycles to non-disabled people, even for charity rides. Please try here instead.
- Lend solo trikes. Please try here instead.
- Provide someone to ride with. Please try here instead.
- Give rides. Please try here instead.
- How can I access this service?
- If you would like to borrow one then please use the Contact Us tab on our website and Alex will put you in touch with the appropriate Helper.
- When is this service open?
- Tandems are available for hire for a couple of a months at a time, though some people have them for much longer.
- How much will it cost me?
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- People who are physically disabled People with a learning disability People with a sensory disability
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- Contact through the web form