18.03.2020 We have decided to postpone all scheduled events, groups and activities. This includes sessions and private bookings at FireFit Hub.
Job Searching Sessions for Torus (formerly LMH) tenants including household members, who are looking for work or want to change their job.
Torus currently provide IT training for all Torus tenants starting from the basics of using a laptop or a computer to more advanced training of word processing and Excel. We currently have a number of hubs across the city where tenants can access the internet
and develop their IT skills.
The sessions must be via the Community Investment Team
10.30am – 12.30pm 1 Citron Close, Walton, L9 1LG – I.T Training
1pm – 4pm Clubmoor LMH Office 181 Townsend Lane, L13 9DY – I.T Training
10am – 12pm Bridge Chapel Centre, Heath Road, L19 4XR
2pm – 4pm Flat 48 The Green, Broadgreen, L13 4BX – I.T Training
1.30pm – 3.30pm Sanctuary Family Support, 322 – 326 Upper Parliament St, L8 7QL
5.30pm – 7.30pm 54 Dalemeadow Road, Knotty Ash, L14 5PL – I.T Training
10am – 12pm WETRA, 2 Tees Street, L4 1XE
10am – 12pm FireFit Hub, Warwick Street, L8 8HD – I.T Training
1pm – 3pm Parkhill Sheltered Scheme, Dingle, L8 9XD – I.T Training
10am – 12pm L6 Community Centre, 99 Queens Drive, Everton, L6 2NF – I.T Training
1pm – 4pm LMH Observatory, 1 Old Harmarket, L1 6RA – I.T Training
10.30am – 12.30pm 54 Dalemeadow Road, Knotty Ash, L14 5PL – I.T Training
- How can I access this service?
- I.T. training is for Torus/LMH tenants and must be booked via the Community Investment Team by telephone or email with your name, address and contact phone number.
- When is this service open?
- See the main description. Office is open during normal hours 9.00am – 5pm Monday – Friday
- How much will it cost me?
- Free advice. Calls to 0300 numbers cost no more than calls to geographic numbers (01 or 02) and are included in inclusive minutes and discount schemes in the same way
- Disabled access
- All services are on ground floor with level access. Disabled toilets are available at The Observatory, Clubmoor and Granby Children’s Centre. Parking available at Clubmoor and Kirkdale.
- Will I have to wait to access this?
- Waiting times depends on how many people are in attendance
- What should I expect?
- A member of Torus will be available to help you with your search and supply you with helpful leaflets and support with looking for Jobs. We also have an Employment Advisor that you can be referred to if additional assistance is required
- What should I bring with me?
- A copy of your current CV if you have it
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- What age groups is this for?
- 16-17 18+
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- Community Investment Team
- 0300 123 5809