Courses and workshops for young disabled people and adults and the wider community.
About SMILE (Self Motivation Inclusive Learning Empowerment) Initiative
The SMILE initiative which stands for Self-Motivation, Inclusive Learning and Enrichment will be the catalyst to make a real difference in helping disabled and vulnerable people (16+) to live a more fulfilled and independent life.
The SMILE initiative will focus on 3 key links: – self motivation, independent living/ inclusive learning and enrichment with each link being designed to improve the future prospects, skills and health and well-being of the participants involved.
Self-Motivation – Encouraging participants to be happy in their own skin and with who they are. We will support individuals to improve their confidence and self-esteem, make friends and feel empowered to take ownership in their lives.
Independent Living/Inclusive Learning – Supporting individuals to reach their true potential. Working with our Independent Living Co-ordinator and Inclusive Development Officer participants will gain life skills, independence, qualifications,
employability training and work experience that will help them on their journey to reach their aspirations and targets.
Enrichment – Enrichment activities including sports and physical activity, health and wellbeing and music will be the catalyst to helping participants to feel fit in body and fit in mind. We want to ensure that participants also have the
opportunity to improve their health and wellbeing as this will go a long way to help their future development.
- How can I access this service?
- If you know of anyone who would be interested and meet the criteria for this initiative or you would like further information please call 0151 261 0309 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- When is this service open?
- SMILE initiative runs on various dates throughout the year
- How much will it cost me?
- SMILE is free
- How to get there
- The Daisy Nucleus Academy is just a 1 minute walk from Breck Road, Anfield where the number 14 bus stops. The DNA is situated between Asda and Home Bargain stores. By car, you can reach our premises via Breck Road or West Derby Road, between the ASDA and Home Bargain.
- DBS checks
- What groups of people is this for?
- People who are physically disabled
- What age groups is this for?
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- All Enquiries
- 0151 261 0309