Online classes open to anyone over 55 anywhere in the country who wants a fun way to get fit and boost their strength and balance.
About the class
Our classes last a hour and include verified strength and balance exercises hidden in fun dance routines which can be done safely from your home. The sessions are led by dance artists who are qualified postural stability instructors and assume no previous
dance or exercise experience. We start with simple seated warm ups and build up to short routines up on your feet. Lots of musical styles and preferences catered to with 30 minutes of social time to chat at the end if you want.
We offer free IT support for participants to help you manage getting online and weekly coffee morning to meet other members. Get information and advice from guest speakers from leading digital inclusion organisations such as Barclays Digital Eagles and AbilityNet.
Is Dance to Health right for you?
Please note some medical restriction apply particularly for acute or uncontrolled conditions, more info
here. If you have a chronic medical condition you should be cleared by your doctor as fit to participate in moderate exercise.
Please follow our Safe Dance at Home guidelines at all times, available
Flyer at the bottom of this page.
- How can I access this service?
- Book online. We offer free IT support for participants to help you manage getting online and a weekly coffee morning to meet other members.
- When is this activity on?
- Thursday 1.30-3pm. The next block tbc. Enquiries are answered Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm.
- How much will it cost me?
- £36 for a block of 6 classes. Booking fee £2.50
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- Older people
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city