A Food Club in Aigburth. Jump to online Food Club
Everyone’s Aigburth food club provides a basket of groceries for its members in exchange for a small fixed price.
£3.50 per week for 10 items of groceries including fresh produce, bakery, tinned goods, household products and personal hygiene.
There is so much food wasted on a daily basis. Our suppliers, FareShare, collect perfectly good food that is discarded for a variety of reasons:
- It’s nearing its sell by date,
- The label has been misprinted,
- The can has been dented, or
- It doesn’t look aesthetically pleasing
Collecting this surplus food, protects the environment by preventing it from going to landfill, and enables community groups to make use of the food in a variety of ways, such as food banks, community food co-operatives and food parcels.
How it works:
- Sign up for membership online or in person at the shop.
- The weekly membership Fee is £3.50 (or you can take out monthly or quarterly memberships for additional savings).
- Come along to the shop on Wednesday 1-3pm to collect 10 grocery items of your choice. (Please be aware that due to social distancing restrictions, we’ll be limited to 3 members inside the shop at a time).
Are there any restrictions?
No. The food club is open to anyone who lives or works in or near Aigburth. The more members we have, the less food is wasted and the more people we can support.
Your membership means we can pay our suppliers and pay our rent, to enable us to continue to run the food club, reduce food wastage and support the neighbourhood by investing any surplus in other community initiatives.
- Mondays 1-2pm, 12th April – 17th May 2021 register here
- discuss ways of reducing food waste
- share recipes and cooking skills
Before each session, participants will be able to collect a bag of ingredients from the food club. We’ll send out a recipe card, and links to tutorial videos and then we’ll get together online, the following week to show off what we’ve made and share tips
and suggestions for similar meals.
The food packs will include less common food items, that you might not otherwise have in your food cupboard along with some items we often have in stock at the food club, in a bid to avoid food waste. There may be some items you will need to provide yourself
in order to complete the recipe. Feel free to substitute items and let us know what you created at the meet up.
Book a place online (You can register for more than one session, but we need to know numbers for each session to prepare ingredients packs)
- How can I access this service?
- Sign up online or in person at the shop. Payment – online or in shop, contactless or cash.
- When is this activity on?
- Pantry Wednesday 1-3pm, Online Food Club Monday 1-2pm until 17th May 2021
- How much will it cost me?
- Members £3.50 per week for 10 items of groceries
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People who live in L17 People who live in L18
- All enquiries