Face-to-face activities have been suspended. Existing clients only should contact your counsellor on the number you have.
Supports refugees and people seeking asylum to improve their mental health through therapy, to achieve settlement and independence in the UK.
We work with families and individuals.
What We Do
Counselling with Horticulture
- Weekly 1-2-1 therapy with a counsellor specialising in trauma work, in a garden or allotment space.
- Each family is allocated their own piece of land to plan, plant, tend and harvest. Tools and practical gardening support is provided by our horticulturist.
- Counsellors work with the horticulturist and interpreters to support clients in using their growing spaces as a medium for therapy, and for recreation and involvement of family members.
- Support is available in helping clients to access mainstream services.
- Regular reviews.
If you are interested in making a referral, please ring us on 0151 728 9340, or
FRSP helps client and ex-client families with practical needs – housing, immigration, social welfare benefits, education, training, employment and the management of finances.
The support offered is tailored to the needs of the individual and their family. At times people need advocacy and intensive support, but our aim is to empower clients, and where possible clients will be supported to access other services and to find their
own solutions to problems they are faced with.
- How can I access this service?
- Referrals accepted from GP / other health professionals. You can also refer yourself but the organisation will need to speak to health professionals you are in contact with. Phone for further information.
- When is this service open?
- Monday to Friday 9am to 4.30pm
- How much will it cost me?
- Social media
Find us on Facebook
- What groups of people is this for?
- Asylum seekers and refugees People with mental health issues
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- All Enquiries
- 0151 728 9340