Coronavirus – changes to our group
Unfortunately it’s impossible to say when we’ll be meeting up again as of August 2020 due to the coronavirus situation.
Free Sunflower Lanyard (not directly connected to FibroMates but may be useful to people with hidden disabilities.)
Not all people with hidden disabilities require assistance. But if you do, wearing the Hidden Disabilities Sunflower Lanyard discreetly indicates that you need additional support or just a little more time. Don’t be hidden in plain sight.
Sunflower lanyards are available in places like M&S, Sainsbury, Tesco, Argos, Banks, Airports etc… Just ask at the Customer Service desk or at the checkouts. The lanyards are free and you don’t need to provide proof of a disability. See https://www.facebook.com/hiddendisabilitiessunflower/
Support group for people affected by Fibromyalgia.
What is Fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is a long-term condition that causes pain all over the body. As well as widespread pain, people with fibromyalgia may also have other symptoms such as extreme tiredness, muscle stiffness and problems with memory and concentration.
We are here for people either suffering from Fibromyalgia, going through the process of being diagnosed, or a family member / friend who is supporting someone with the condition.
The group usually meets once a month.
- How can I access this service?
- Visit our Facebook page or drop in to the support group.
- When is this activity on?
- The support Group usually meets once a month, please check the Facebook page for future dates
- How much will it cost me?
- Social media
Follow us on Facebook
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- Anne Pritchard