Get psychological first aid (PFA) training and help people with different needs to cope with the emotional impact of COVID-19. 3 week course, 1 hour per week, free.
Free, online courses from some of the world’s leading universities and other cultural institutions.
We connect learners from all over the globe with high quality educators, and with each other. We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, with plenty of opportunities to discuss what you’ve studied, in order to make fresh discoveries and
form new ideas.
Courses are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life, rather than your life around learning. FutureLearn offers you a powerful new way to learn online.
Every course has been designed according to principles of effective learning, through storytelling, discussion, visible learning, and using community support to celebrate progress.
- How can I access this service?
- Visit the website and browse our course list to find something that you’d like to learn about. We have courses in a diverse range of subjects and are always adding more. Courses vary in length. Most are six to ten weeks long but we also have some shorter two and three week courses
- When is this service open?
- Website resource so open 24 hours, 7 days a week. Course times may vary
- How much will it cost me?
- It is free to join and study the majority of FutureLearn courses. If you want you can upgrade your course to get additional benefits, like the ability to qualify for a certificate. You can find more information about this on the course page. While most courses are offered with an option to learn for free, some premium courses are only offered on a paid-for basis. These courses are designed for professionals looking to advance their careers and learn with a smaller group of like-minded individuals.
- What should I expect?
- While you’re waiting for the course to start, you can fill in your profile page so that other learners can find out more about you. We’ll email you to let you know when the course starts. If you’ve signed up a long time in advance, we’ll also send you a ‘one month to go’ email, to help you prepare for the course
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city