Closed until further notice.
Programme offering disabled children and adults an opportunity to try a range of sports, at low or no cost.
We also offer disabled people the opportunity to try a range of sports. Our Disability Sport & Activity Programme is aimed to break down barriers and make it easier for anyone with a disability or additional needs, regardless of impairment to get active.
Specialist equipment such as sports wheelchairs are available where needed and experienced disability sort coaches deliver sessions.
Inclusive Sport & Activity Programme
- Active Bingo – Thursday 11am – 12 noon, Ages: 16+, Cost: £3, no need to book. Contact: Stephanie Smith 0151 280 7757
- Badminton – Tuesday 10 – 11am, Ages: 16+, Cost: £3. Contact: Stephanie Smith 0151 280 7757
- Boccia – Designed for people with a severe level of physical / learning disability. Monday 4 – 6pm, Tuesday 12.30 – 2.30pm, Age: 5+, Cost: £3, no booking necessary. Contact James Dixon 07946 902 173 (texts only)
- Cycling – Three categories are available: Cycling, Tricycling and Handcycling. For disabled people, their family and friends, to cycle together in Sefton Park. Tuesday, Wednesday & Saturday 10-12noon, Age: 8+ & Adults, Cost: £3. No need
to book, just drop in. Contact: Steve Sullivan 07835 537 292
- Fitness Club – walking and cycling sessions in Sefton Park (weather permitting) – Meet at Greenbank Sports Academy every Saturday at 10am. Age: All ages, Cost: Cycling £3 (for up to an hour) | Walking free, Contact: James Dixon 07946
902 173 (texts only)
- Mini Leagues – including Adult Football (aged 18+), Boccia, Wheelchair Handball. Wednesday 7pm – 9pm (Term time only). Age: 8+ & Adults (unless stated otherwise), Cost: £1, Contact: Steve Sullivan 07835 537 292
- Multi Sports – open to everybody but especially caters for people with a learning disability or autism. Football, Basketball, Hockey, Kwik Cricket, Cycling, Handball, plus lots more. The club will play a different sport every 3 weeks. Friday
5pm – 6pm, Age: 8 – 16, Cost: £3. No need to book. Contact: Mark Palmer 0151 280 7757
- Power Football – Wednesday 4.30pm – 7pm, Age: 8+ & Adults, Cost: £3, no need to book. Contact: Pete Wyman 07733 930 221
- Power Hockey – Tuesday 5pm – 6pm, Age: 8+ & Adults, Cost: £3, Contact: Pete Wyman 07733 930 221
- Rebound Therapy – Trampolines to provide therapeutic exercise and recreation for people with a wide range of disabilities. Monday 6.30pm – 8pm, Wednesday 5pm – 8pm, Age: 3+ & Adults, Cost: £3, Contact: James Dixon 07946 902 173
- Sports & Activities for the Visually Impaired – include Cricket, Football, Goalball and Tennis as well as health and fitness activities. Tuesday 6pm – 8pm, Age: 6+ & Adults, Cost: £2 Contact: Matt Cliff 07582 047 102
- Swimming sessions – Friday 10am – 11.15am at Springwood Heath School, Danefield Road, Liverpool L19 4TL. £3, changing rooms, wheelchair access available.
- Table Tennis – Tuesday 7pm – 9pm, Age: 5+ & Adults, Cost: £4, no need to book. Contact: Mark Palmer 0151 280 7757
- Walking Netball – Thursday 2pm – 3pm 16 Jan, 13 Feb and 19 Mar 2020. Fully inclusive, all abilities welcome. Cost £3. Contact:
- Wheelchair Handball – Wheelchair Handball Club, Wednesday 6 – 7pm, Cost: £3, Age: 8+ & Adults, Contact: Mathew Richards 0151 280 7757
- How can I access this service?
- Contact the number provided
- When is this service open?
- Gym is open Monday to Saturday: 8.30am – 9.00pm Sunday: 8.30am – 8.00pm. Class times vary, visit the website.
- How much will it cost me?
- Classes are around £3. Gym – No joining fee, day pass £6, monthly concessions £15
- Disabled access
- Yes & Disabled Parking bays
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- People who are physically disabled People with a learning disability People with a sensory disability
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- All Enquiries
- 0151 280 7757