12 April 2021 – Greenbank Sports Academy will not be reopening today. We will update customers of our reopening dates when we are able to. Please keep an eye on our
social media channels for updates.
Programme offering disabled children and adults an opportunity to try a range of sports, at low or no cost.
We also offer disabled people the opportunity to try a range of sports. Our Disability Sport & Activity Programme is aimed to break down barriers and make it easier for anyone with a disability or additional needs, regardless of impairment to get active.
Specialist equipment such as sports wheelchairs are available where needed and experienced disability sort coaches deliver sessions.
Inclusive Sport & Activity Programme
- Active Bingo – Thursday 11am – 12 noon, Ages: 16+, Cost: £3, no need to book. Contact: Stephanie Smith 0151 280 7757
- Badminton – Tuesday 10 – 11am, Ages: 16+, Cost: £3. Contact: Stephanie Smith 0151 280 7757
- Boccia – Designed for people with a severe level of physical / learning disability. Monday 4 – 6pm, Tuesday 12.30 – 2.30pm, Age: 5+, Cost: £3, no booking necessary. Contact James Dixon 07946 902 173 (texts only)
- Cycling – Three categories are available: Cycling, Tricycling and Handcycling. For disabled people, their family and friends, to cycle together in Sefton Park. Tuesday, Wednesday & Saturday 10-12noon, Age: 8+ & Adults, Cost: £3. No need
to book, just drop in. Contact: Steve Sullivan 07835 537 292
- Fitness Club – walking and cycling sessions in Sefton Park (weather permitting) – Meet at Greenbank Sports Academy every Saturday at 10am. Age: All ages, Cost: Cycling £3 (for up to an hour) | Walking free, Contact: James Dixon 07946
902 173 (texts only)
- Mini Leagues – including Adult Football (aged 18+), Boccia, Wheelchair Handball. Wednesday 7pm – 9pm (Term time only). Age: 8+ & Adults (unless stated otherwise), Cost: £1, Contact: Steve Sullivan 07835 537 292
- Multi Sports – open to everybody but especially caters for people with a learning disability or autism. Football, Basketball, Hockey, Kwik Cricket, Cycling, Handball, plus lots more. The club will play a different sport every 3 weeks. Friday
5pm – 6pm, Age: 8 – 16, Cost: £3. No need to book. Contact: Mark Palmer 0151 280 7757
- Power Football – Wednesday 4.30pm – 7pm, Age: 8+ & Adults, Cost: £3, no need to book. Contact: Pete Wyman 07733 930 221
- Power Hockey – Tuesday 5pm – 6pm, Age: 8+ & Adults, Cost: £3, Contact: Pete Wyman 07733 930 221
- Rebound Therapy – Trampolines to provide therapeutic exercise and recreation for people with a wide range of disabilities. Monday 6.30pm – 8pm, Wednesday 5pm – 8pm, Age: 3+ & Adults, Cost: £3, Contact: James Dixon 07946 902 173
- Sports & Activities for the Visually Impaired – include Cricket, Football, Goalball and Tennis as well as health and fitness activities. Tuesday 6pm – 8pm, Age: 6+ & Adults, Cost: £2 Contact: Matt Cliff 07582 047 102
- Swimming sessions – Friday 10am – 11.15am at Springwood Heath School, Danefield Road, Liverpool L19 4TL. £3, changing rooms, wheelchair access available.
- Table Tennis – Tuesday 7pm – 9pm, Age: 5+ & Adults, Cost: £4, no need to book. Contact: Mark Palmer 0151 280 7757
- Walking Netball – Thursday 2pm – 3pm 16 Jan, 13 Feb and 19 Mar 2020. Fully inclusive, all abilities welcome. Cost £3. Contact:
- Wheelchair Handball – Wheelchair Handball Club, Wednesday 6 – 7pm, Cost: £3, Age: 8+ & Adults, Contact: Mathew Richards 0151 280 7757
- How can I access this service?
- Contact the number provided
- When is this service open?
- Gym is open Monday to Saturday: 8.30am – 9.00pm Sunday: 8.30am – 8.00pm. Class times vary, visit the website.
- How much will it cost me?
- Classes are around £3. Gym – No joining fee, day pass £6, monthly concessions £15
- Disabled access
- Yes & Disabled Parking bays
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- People who are physically disabled People with a learning disability People with a sensory disability
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- All Enquiries
- 0151 280 7757