Henshaws is a northern charity supporting people living with sight loss and a range of other disabilities to go beyond expectations. We work with visually impaired people of all ages, offering a bespoke package of support, activities and training.
17.03.2020 Given the current situation with #Covid19 and in line with government and Public Health England advice, we have made the decision to close our hubs across Greater Manchester and Liverpool to service users with immediate effect.
Groups and Courses Timetable
- Yoga 1100 – 1200 £5.00 Yoga is a safe and effective form of exercise that focuses on strength, flexibility and breathing to improve balance, lower body strength and boost physical and mental well-being. Join our Yoga Group and learn this
ancient form of exercise as part of a small, friendly group, suitable for beginners (chair based option available)
- Lunch Club (fortnightly) 1300 – 1500 £3.00 Come along for a delicious lunch (including pudding!) and a chat
- Music Club 1100 – 1200 £3.00 If you’re visually impaired and interested in getting musical – whether you’re a beginner or more experienced – this is the group for you. We have a professional piano tutor and guitarist. Come along and join
in the jamming session. This group meets at The Quaker Meeting House, Liverpool L1 3BT
- Creative Writing (fortnightly) 1300 – 1500 £3.00 Creative writing is the perfect opportunity to share your thoughts and opinions in your own unique way; whether that’s through a poem or song or play, find your creative outlet and achieve
a great feeling of positivity and accomplishment
- Telephone Befriending Service between 0930 – 1300 Weekly telephone call to keep in touch with people who may not be able to attend groups or courses, or anyone out there who would enjoy a weekly chit chat with one of our volunteers. This
is a free service, which is available to anyone with sight loss at any age. If this is something you would enjoy, please get in touch with Marie on 0300 222 5555 or email
- Braille Group 1100 – 1200 £3.00 This group helps you to learn braille; giving people independence, literacy, and the enjoyment of reading. Group members have various levels of braille ability, and come together weekly to learn and support
each other in a friendly group environment. This group meets at The Quaker Meeting House, Liverpool L1 3BT
- Evening Theatre Group (every two months) Come along to our bimonthly theatre group and enjoy the latest performances that Liverpool has to offer. Costs are associated with the purchasing of tickets, and we try to book audio described performances
where possible. Get in touch for upcoming performances and to book your place
- Social Group (fortnightly) 1200 – 1400 £5.00 Meet new friends, enjoy fun activities and a range of different events with our fortnightly Social Group. Please contact the centre to find out more about the planned activities. This group meets
at The Quaker Meeting House, Liverpool L1 3BT
- How can I access this service?
- Call or email us to book your place or for more information.
- When is this service open?
- Enquiries are answered 9am-4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
- How much will it cost me?
- Prices for groups and courses will vary.
- Disabled access
- Level access and accessible facilities at the Liverpool Resource Centre
- Social media
- DBS checks
- All our staff have Disclosure and Barring Checks.
- What groups of people is this for?
- People with a sensory disability
- What age groups is this for?
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- All Enquiries
- 0300 222 5555