A not-for-profit Community Interest Company providing practical healthy eating cooking courses in Liverpool. Courses have been postponed until further notice.
We run outreach courses (currently suspended) tailored to people of all ages, backgrounds and ability. From working with families and children giving them the best start in life to offering support and guidance, helping to improve people’s cookery skills
We engage with socially isolated and hard to reach groups, and would like to work in partnership with other local organisations to help break down health inequalities in the Liverpool area.
We offer either one off sessions or courses usually running between 4 to 6 weeks. We come to you, and provide all equipment and ingredients.
During our sessions people can gain:
- Hands on practical cookery skills
- Learn healthy and easy recipe ideas
- Learn about key health messages based on evidenced based information
- Try new tastes and ingredients without wasting money and…..
- Learn at their own pace and have fun
Who We Are
We are both professionally trained with over 20 years’ experience between us. We previously worked for the Liverpool NHS’s Community Food and Health team and felt passionate to continue when the service disbanded last year. With obesity, diabetes and other
diet related illnesses still very much apparent, we feel there is a need to carry on and promote good health through cooking and eating well. In the past, we have worked alongside dietitians on weight management, diabetes patient information, and infant nutrition
programmes and saw first-hand that people can achieve change through learning the necessary skills and making informed choices about their own health.
- How can I access this service?
- You can call or email us.
- When is this activity on?
- Sessions can be arranged to suit your needs.
- How much will it cost me?
- Some are free. We try to keep to a minimum for community organisations.
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city