Weekly gardening sessions based at St Margaret Toxteth.
Community creating a vegetable & peace garden with a community compost. All are welcome.
Restarting in sping after lockdown. Limited spaces, booking essential.
Community Gardens on Church Land in the Diocese of Liverpool
- Online event, registration link on
- Tue, 11 May 2021
- 19:00 – 21:00
Are you interested in finding out how to turn church land into a community garden?
Join our online gathering, hosted by Feeding Liverpool, Together Liverpool, and Faiths4Change, to find out about the journey of four community gardens on church land in the Diocese of Liverpool, how they were set up and the directions they’ve taken.
There will be practical advice from different kinds of approaches across the region: speakers will include Faiths4Change who will talk about their community garden at St. Michael’s in the City and the support they can offer to help community gardens get
set up; St. Mark’s in Haydock reflecting on their experience applying for funding; Hope Community Garden based at St Margaret of Antioch Church in Toxteth discussing how they support people’s health and wellbeing and the practicalities of growing on a shoestring.
We will also be joined by Myerscough College and hear how they support community gardens across Liverpool through adult learning, and with details of their free courses.
There will be a Q&A at the end, so come along with your questions.
- How can I access this service?
- Book in advance. Email for more info or to register your interest
- When is this activity on?
- Weekly 2 slots Friday 10am – 12pm or 12pm – 2pm after lockdown
- How much will it cost me?
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- What age groups is this for?
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- All enquiries