Advice, information and support for grandparents, great-grandparents, other relatives, or close family friends to bring up children when biological parents are unable to do so.
Coronavirus – We are now working from home, we have created a few different WhatsApp groups to cater for different needs:
- general info/questions and keeping up to date
- health and well-being group
- education resources
- peer support
- WhatsApp chat- young peoples
We will also do regular ring rounds to all our families to ask if you have any needs we can help with.
What is Kinship?
Kinship care is where a child or young person lives full-time with a relative or family friend because they are not able to live with their birth parents.
Kinship Carers Liverpool can provide:
Someone to talk with about your current kinship role and any challenges you may be facing. Our experienced team members can do this through phone and/or face to face support, providing advice, information and signposting to relevant services related to your
concerns or issues related to caring for a kin child. Call us to arrange a convenient time to meet or have a chat on the phone.
Free information pages on a range of kinship issues on our website:
- about kinship care: what it is and how you can get support
- guidance about how to contact local services/the local authority to get support
- signposting and resources to help in relation to education, early help and well-being support for yourself and you kin child/young person
- links to national kinship organisations and resources
- a listing of local legal advice including free Law Clinics
- information about Legal Aid and how to find out if you are eligible
Kinship Carers Activities Programme
For kin families, carers and children/young people with a calendar of events including:
- Coffee morning – usually on Wednesday 10am – 12pm term time but check our event calendar on our website.
- Pamper session – usually the first Friday of the month 11.30am – 2.30pm
- How can I access this service?
- Call or email
- When is this service open?
- Open Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
- How much will it cost me?
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- All Enquiries
- 0151 270 2108