Centre providing a variety of activities, events and workshops for the local community, run by St Michael’s and Lark Lane Community Association (SMLLCA).
The Community Centre is open with some changes. Contact the class organiser for the latest class information.
New courses in September 2021
Most courses are free for those in receipt of benefits or earning below £18,360.
- Language for Beginners: Italian, French and Spanish
- Horticulture in Community Garden
- Stained Glass Art
- Photography Level 1
- Weight Management
- Interpreting in the Community Level 1 Award
VR Holistic Therapies
We offer a range of augmented-reality holistic VR therapies that surround health and wellbeing themes such as:
- Breathing exercises to aid in anxiety, hypertension, asthma and more.
- Programmes for addiction and phobias
- Meditation and other therapies for depression and anxiety.
*Taster sessions for VR therapies are £10 and more information regarding concessions is available via 0151 222 1089 or
‘Give Us a Break’ holiday project
The Lark Lane Community Centre runs an annual project set out to make a difference to vulnerable families in Liverpool, by providing them with a fully-funded residential break to relieve the stresses of life.
Families are taken away to beach locations in Wales such as Abersoch. Locations are a safe haven in a refreshing environment, where children and their families can be set free from everyday pressures and routine.
Many of these families have otherwise never had a holiday.
We believe all children and young people in need have the right to experience a marine environment to play safely and explore.
*Information for the Summer 2021 Give Us a Break project is pending subject to Covid-19 restrictions. For information regarding previous years projects visit
our Facebook site @GiveUsABreakLarkLane
Between April-October the Lark Lane Community Centre runs a horticulture project that has proven to be massively beneficial to the wellbeing of those involved from the community. For 2021 we are planning to re-open the project and we will be advertising
for involvement towards free projects such as:
- Charity plant sales
- Youth horticulture educational days
- Horticulture holistic therapy sessions
*More information to be released in April 2021 detailing open days and projects.
City Council Adult Learning
Lark Lane Community Centre hosts classes provided by the Liverpool City Council Adult Learning Services. The below classes are free for individuals in receipt of benefits or to those earning under £18,360:
- Keep Mentally Healthy, Be Your Own Inspiration
- Mindfulness Walks
- Explore your Goals and Achievements
- Volunteering – level 1
*Adult learning classes are subject to update and change and a new curriculum will be posted for 2021. For more up-to-date information visit the city council website at https://liverpool.gov.uk/schools-and-learning/adult-learning/our-courses/listed-courses/
or contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers contact information and wishlist
We are always in need of help and voluntary aid. For anyone wishing to get involved in 2021 in any way please email us at
email@example.com and tell us about yourself, your background and interests and any availability.
Voluntary positions can encompass a spectrum of roles ranging from administrative to hands-on work and we are always keen to make use of local skills to enhance our local community.
- How can I access this service?
- Contact the class organiser before attending, or book in advance
- When is this service open?
- See the main description. The schedule is subject change without notice.
- How much will it cost me?
- Costs vary. See the main description.
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- All Enquiries
- 0151 728 7884