We are aware that this is a very worrying time for members and we are delighted to report that we have maintained our full downloads and streaming services which are accessible 24hrs a day, 7 days a week. We have now also resumed a limited CD service for
current members who use CDs.
Members who only access our CD service are still able to take advantage of a free upgrade to our online service during this time.
Provides audiobooks by post or on the internet to people who find it difficult or impossible to read due to an illness, disability, learning or mental health difficulty.
All of our titles are either commercially sourced from the best publishers or recorded in-house in our digital studios by professionally qualified sound recording engineers.
Who is eligible to join?
Those eligible for membership include people with dyslexia, arthritis, stroke, multiple sclerosis, ME, glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts, autism, Asperger’s syndrome, ADD, ADHD, amputations, Down’s syndrome, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, head injuries,
muscular dystrophy, cancer, emphysema, cerebral palsy, heart conditions, motor neurone disease, neurological conditions, paralysis, Parkinson’s disease, paraplegia, quadriplegia, polio, spinal injuries, frailty and manual dexterity problems.
How many audiobooks can I borrow in a year?
Members who choose to stream and download our audiobooks are able to borrow 520 books a year. Those members who choose to borrow MP3 CDs can receive up to 4 audiobooks at a time and the quicker they return an audiobook, the quicker they receive a new title.
I can’t afford the membership fee, can I still join?
We frequently help members in this position. Please email our membership and recruitment administrator who will discuss the options with you.
- How can I access this service?
- Contact the number provided
- When is this service open?
- Enquiries are answered Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
- How much will it cost me?
- We are a postal and internet-based library service and membership starts from as little as £20 per year.
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- Older people People who are physically disabled People with a brain injury People with a learning disability People with a sensory disability People with dementia
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- General enquiries, membership and recruitment administrator
- 020 7407 9417