Provides an audiobook lending service to anyone with a print disability such as arthritis, anxiety or a visual impairment.
We have a wide range of titles to cover all interests, including chart-topping best sellers, non fiction and books to help support you with your mental health and wellbeing.
We offer membership to adults, children, those in care homes, hospices and hospitals as well as other organisations such as schools.
To qualify for the service, you must have a disability, illness, learning difficulty or mental health condition that impacts on your ability to read or hold a book.
We offer three ways to access the audiobooks; downloading using the OverDrive app, streaming online through our website, or borrowing books on CD sent via Royal mail. You
can find out more information about our audiobook formats here.
- How can I access this service?
- You can join online, by post or by telephone.
- When is this service open?
- Enquiries are answered Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
- How much will it cost me?
- You can join Listening Books and start listening to audiobooks today from just £20. We offer free memberships to those who would find the membership fee a barrier to joining, just indicate this on the form when you fill it in.
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- People who are physically disabled People with a brain injury People with a learning disability People with a sensory disability People with dementia
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- General Enquiries
- 020 7407 9417
- Membership and Audiobook Enquiries
- 020 7234 0522