South Liverpool weekly walking group.
Latest walks information on
What is brisk walking?
Brisk walking has been defined as walking at 4 mph. Although originally we tried to stick to that definition, we have found it better if each person walks at a pace faster than normal but one that is still comfortable for them.
Except where otherwise stated, the walks are brisk with the aim of improving the health of participants. Nevertheless a reasonable degree of fitness is needed. Whilst every care is taken in planning the walks, participation is entirely at your own risk.
We have three main meeting points:
- The Gothic Fountain in Sefton Park at the south (Aigburth Vale) end of the Lake
- Calderstones Park at the Mansion House
- The Otters Pool Pub, Riverside Drive
The walks are usually between 4 and 6 miles. See Current Walks on our website for full details.
You do not need walking boots unless it is an occasional longer (not brisk) walk when this would be made clear. Consider bringing a bottle of water on the longer walks and in hot weather.
- How can I access this service?
- Book your place by messaging the organiser through social media or email so they will know how many people are coming
- When is this activity on?
- Currently suspended.
- How much will it cost me?
- There is no charge for any of these walks which are organized on a purely voluntary basis without grant or subsidy of any kind.
- Social media
Follow us on Facebook
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- What age groups is this for?
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- All Enquiries