Six of our centres will open from Monday 12th April for gym use and swimming. A limited number of outdoor classes will also be available at three sites. Sessions will be available to book online from Monday 5th April.
These centres include Alsop, Austin Rawlinson, Cardinal Heenan, Ellergreen, Garston and Liverpool Aquatics Centre. Details of other Lifestyles sites will be published in due course.
Indoor group fitness classes will resume from 17th May.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel and join our virtual classes to get you moving.
Light exercise classes at Austin Rawlinson (closed temporarily), Speke.
The sessions are for people aged 50 plus and people recovering from injury or with ailments which may make normal exercise classes a bit of a challenge. Taking it slowly, our classes are a great way for you to keep active and meet friends.
We have a dedicated team of volunteers who offer a warm welcome and will provide support and assistance if requested. There’s always time for a cuppa and a chat in our social area so you can get to know other members and staff. We also hold social occasions,
for example, Christmas and Easter themed events with tea dances and free lunches.
A low impact fitness class which is relaxing for the mind and excellent for stretching all muscle groups and improving flexibility.
Aims to strengthen the body, with particular emphasis on core strength to improve general fitness and wellbeing.
Chair based exercise
Designed to help improve strength and balance, especially helping the muscles used in everyday activity.
Walking Football/Walking Netball
A slower version of the beautiful game. Aimed at both male and female players aged over 50. Walking Football can help everyone have an active lifestyle no matter what age or ability.
Walking Netball lets you enjoy the game at a slower pace.
Aerobic based dance classes, great fun and a great workout!
A challenging water workout suitable for everyone, especially those with joint ailments or injuries. Using your own body weight and water resistant dumbbells.
Indoor Bowls/Table Tennis/Badminton
Great social games. These sessions aren’t instructor led.
- How can I access this service?
- All new members attending a Gym Circuit session or who are referred via the Exercise for Health GP referral or other health professional must complete a PAR-Q form (physical activity readiness questionnaire) and receive an induction before attending any sessions. Induction sessions are available Monday to Friday – please contact the centre to book your appointment. If you just want to take part in any of our other classes you can just turn up.
- When is this service open?
- See the website link for the latest timetable. Most classes are on weekday mornings and 1 hour long.
- How much will it cost me?
- Between £1.50 to £3 per session
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- All Enquiries
- 0151 233 5433