Twelve-week programme to encourage more people to get active, improve health, medical conditions and life expectancy.
Due to the social distance guidance referral won’t start until June 21st 2021 at the very earliest.
Am I eligible?
If your GP or health practitioner agrees that you would benefit from the scheme they will refer you. Make an appointment to see your GP for a consultation.
How does it work?
If your GP or health practitioner has referred you to the scheme you will choose which participating Lifestyles centre you want to attend. These are listed below. Your GP will give you a referral form to take with you on your first visit.
Take your referral form to your chosen centre and pay the £7.50 induction fee. You will be booked in for a consultation appointment with the GP instructor. You’ll also be issued with your membership card.
When you attend your consultation the instructor will ask a few questions and work with you to develop a suitable 12 week fitness plan.
Your membership card will be activated from the date of your consultation.
During your 12 week programme you will be able to use the gym at your chosen centre at the specific times detailed on the web page (link below). A fitness instructor will be on hand for all sessions to offer support and guidance. They will also show you
how to use the gym equipment and which classes may be suitable for you to take part in.
You will also be able to swim for free at any Lifestyles pool during public swim times.
What happens after 12 weeks?
Hopefully over the 12 weeks you will have felt and seen the benefits of your increased activity levels and want to maintain this as part of your lifestyle. We offer a number of membership packages that you can join – discuss your options with your fitness
The details of participating centres and times are available in the link below.
- How can I access this service?
- Via referral. Due to the social distance guidance referral won’t start until June 21st 2021 at the very earliest.
- Who can refer me to this service?
- If your GP or health practitioner agrees that you would benefit from the scheme they will refer you. Make an appointment to see your GP for a consultation.
- When is this service open?
- Access days and times vary for each Centre taking part. Call or visit the website for more information
- How much will it cost me?
- Induction – £7.50, then £1 per Gym session or class. Swimming is free during public swim times at any Lifestyles pool
- Social media
- What age groups is this for?
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- Information about participating Liverpool City council gyms
- 0151 233 5433