Liverpool’s libraries are reopening on a phased basis from Monday 12th April 2021 according to the timetable below. All timings are subject to the government’s roadmap out of lockdown being met. Our order
and collect service will also continue.
Covid-safe measures will be in force in all libraries. All visitors must wear a face covering, socially distance and give their contact details for Test and Trace. We will not be reintroducing reservation charges until 21st June 2021.
The Home Library Service will continue to provide books to vulnerable customers across the city.
Libraries opening from 12th April 2021 with access to books and computers
On Monday 12th April 2021 the following libraries will reopen for browsing and computer use.
- Central Library – Monday to Friday 10am to 3pm
- Allerton Library – Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 10am to 3pm
- Fazakerley Library – Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm
- Norris Green Library – Monday, Tuesday and Friday 10am to 3pm
- Sefton Park Library – Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 10am to 3pm
- Spellow Library – Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 10am to 3pm
- Wavertree Library – Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 10am to 3pm
- Parklands Library – Thursday and Friday 10am to 3pm
How to book a computer
To book a computer in Central Library please email email@example.com or leave a message on 0151 233 5835. For computer bookings in the community libraries, please
use the contact details on our Order and collect services page.
Libraries opening from 12th April 2021 with no access to computers
The following libraries will reopen for customers to browse, return books and select new books to borrow. Public computers will not be accessible. This will be reviewed in May 2021.
- Dovecot – Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 9am to 2pm
- Croxteth – Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 9am to 2pm
- Breck Road – Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 9am to 2pm
Libraries opening from 26th April 2021
- Garston Library – Monday and Tuesday 10am to 3pm
Libraries opening from 10th May 2021
- Lee Valley Library – Thursday 10am to 3pm
- Old Swan Library – Monday, Tuesday and Friday 10am to 3pm
- Toxteth Library – Monday and Tuesday 10am to 3pm
Plus the re-introduction of Saturday opening at Allerton Library, Central Library and Norris Green Library from 10am to 3pm.
There are 18 libraries in Liverpool plus 1 in Fazakerley, which is run by a local group. All have computers with free internet access and several have free wi-fi.
As a member of Liverpool Libraries you can:
- Borrow items from any location
- Reserve and renew items online
- Access Read Liverpool and download free ebooks, magazines, audiobooks and a host of reference resources
Some of our libraries also provide the following services:
- Councillors surgeries
- Genealogy group
- Business advice
- Reading groups
- Bookstart story and rhyme time
- How can I access this service?
- If you live, work or study in Liverpool and have a Liverpool city postcode, you can apply for an online only membership. A membership number and PIN will be emailed to you so that you can access Read Liverpool to browse and download eBooks, eMagazines and other eResources. You can also visit any Liverpool library with proof of your name and address to join in person. You can then start borrowing immediately.
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- All Enquiries
- 0151 233 3069