8 week course to enable people who are at risk of or living with mental health problems improve their confidence.
The aim is to help individuals to develop and demonstrate a range of skills such as; learning, team work, coping with problems, use of IT, use of English, use of Maths. Positive Progress recognises and rewards personal achievements and we want people to
engage in new and interesting activities together.
The course is devised of workshop based learning within a group setting and participants will be required to complete 60 hours/6 credits from the course modules in order to gain an ASDAN (Awards Scheme Development & Accreditation Network) certification in
PSHE (Personal, Social, Health & Economics).
The modules are designed to develop effective communication and problem solving skills, helping individuals progress onto/into employment, further education, apprenticeships or volunteering.
The course will be built from the following modules:
- Healthy and Safe Food
- Conflict Resolution
- Drugs and Alcohol
- Personal Wellbeing
- Sex and Relationships
- Becoming a Parent
- Economic Wellbeing
- How can I access this service?
- Please contact us by telephone or email for more information
- When is this activity on?
- The course runs at different times during the year and lasts for 8 weeks.
- How much will it cost me?
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- People with mental health issues
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- Julie Roberts
- 0151 707 0319