While our Liverpool and Crosby offices are currently closed, we are engaging with members by phone and online. We have recently appointed a new volunteer coordinator, if you are interested in one of our volunteering roles please email
Volunteer befriending with people with a learning disability.
Can you dedicate a couple of hours a week / fortnight to making friends with somebody with a learning disability. You might meet for coffee, go for a walk or pop out for lunch. As a volunteer befriender, you can help somebody gain confidence, greater independence,
and a better social life.
Can you meet with a person once a week for three weeks to introduce them to a new activity? This enables the person with a learning disability to access the opportunity independently in the future, where they can make new friends, learn skills, become more
healthy and grow in confidence.
If you are a friendly person looking to do more in your community, then get in touch.
- How can I access this service?
- Call or email
- When is this service open?
- Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm
- How much will it cost me?
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- People with a learning disability
- What age groups is this for?
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- All Enquiries
- 0151 707 8582