Dance, fitness and wellbeing classes in person and on Zoom.
Gentle Yoga (In-Person) 10:00am – 11:00am £6 / £5 concs
Men! Dancing! (In-Person and Zoom) 1:30pm – 3:00pm £4
What is it?
Advanced Contemporary (In-Person) 6:00pm – 7:00pm £6 / £5 concs
Dance it Out: Intro to Hip Hop (Zoom) 6:00pm – 7:00pm £6 / £5 concs
Dance it Out: Intro to Indian Dance (In-Person) 7:00pm – 8:00pm £6 / £5 concs
50 Moves (In-Person/Zoom) 11:00am – 12:30pm £4 – over 50s.
What is it?
Dance it Out: Intro to Hip Hop (In-Person) 6:00pm – 7:00pm £6 / £5 concs
Commercial (In-Person) 7:30pm – 8:30pm £6 / £5 concs
Dance it Out: Intro to Solo Salsa (In Person/Zoom) 8:30pm – 9:30pm £6 / £5 concs
Tap: Open Level (In-Person/Zoom) 11:30am – 12:30pm £3.50
Dance for Parkinson’s
(In-Person/Zoom) 1:30pm – 3:30pm £3.50
What is it?
Beginners Ballet (In-Person) 7:15pm – 8:15pm £6 / £5 concs
Professional Level Class: Fridays (In-Person) 10:00am – 11:30am Free
Dance it Out: Intro to Indian Dance (Zoom) 7:00pm – 8:00pm £6 / £5 concs
About Men! Dancing! Men! Dancing! is a weekly dancing project for men aged 50+. You may have danced professionally in the past, or prefer to take to the floor at a family party but if you are interested in
dance in any form, this class is for you. Classes introduce movement technique and body awareness with a creative element.
About 50 Moves With a focus on contemporary dance, these classes are for people aged 50 and over who are interested in dance, keeping fit and socialising with a great group of people. The class uses taught
exercises to encourage increased mobility, balance and fitness, as well as promoting memory within movement, by building on sequences to create dance works for performance (for those who wish to perform at one of our regular events).
It provides a fun and informal way for participants to discover the themes, choreography and music of performance, with opportunities to attend exclusive behind-the-scenes events and see the Company perform.
The classes encompass movement, music and voice work, with a social focus aiming to support the management of living with Parkinson’s. Dance can improve the fluidity of movement, improve posture and inspire creativity in and awareness of movement. Rhythm
can encourage cueing actions and singing aims to build strength in the voice and facial expression.
No dance or ballet experience required. Friends and/or family are welcome to join. Classes are delivered by Jennie Hale and Stephen Mannings.
- How can I access this service?
- Book on the website (link above). If you have any queries, the best way to contact MDI is via e-mail – if you do need to contact the office by phone, please do so between 10.00am and 1.00pm. Entrance to the dance class studio is at 24 Hope Street. Please press the buzzer for the studio or office.
- When is this activity on?
- See the main description
- How much will it cost me?
- Classes on YouTube are available for free. Most classes cost between £4.00 – £7.00 depending on the class
- Disabled access
- Our studio is on the ground floor and there is an accessible toilet nearby.
- How to get there
- ON FOOT Walk up Bold Street towards the Bombed Out Church (St Luke’s) and carry on up Leece Street and Hardman Street. Then turn left at the Philharmonic pub on to Hope Street, and MDI is on the left. PUBLIC TRANSPORT The nearest stations are Central (Merseyrail) and Lime Street (national rail and Merseyrail). Bus nos. 86 and 79 run frequently and stop close to Hope Street. From the 79 stop on Brownlow Hill it is a five-minute walk to MDI, and from the 86 stop on Hardman Street/Myrtle Street it is a three-minute walk.
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- What age groups is this for?
- 16-17 18+
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- All Enquiries
- 0151 708 8810